Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Nine Lives

So I've been wearing make-up since I was like, 15 or something. As such, I'm pretty adept at applying my own. I'd never charge for my services or anything, but I can handle contour and bronzer with the best of 'em.

So when I went into Sephora the other day and dropped over $20 (including tax) on what Elle, InStyle, and my make-up savvy friends have called the greatest, most awesomest, totally worth the money eyeliner, I was fairly confident in my ability to use it. Liquid liner can't be all that different than a satin pencil, right?

Um, wrong. I got home, took all my make-up off, and began to apply what I thought was a sexy, day-time cat-eye liner look. However, when I opened both my eyes, it looked like an actual cat applied it for me. With it's paws. And no thumbs.

And all I wanted was to look something like this:


I cannot, for the life of me, figure this shit out. Maybe my hand's not steady enough, maybe I'm finally developing arthritis. I don't know. All I know is that the line is never straight and this has everything to do with operator error and nothing to do with product. When that shit says "Stay All Day," they aren't kidding. I was stuck with a strange, uneven eye squiggle all freakin' day long.

Do you guys have any tips on how to apply liquid liner with grace and not with the dexterity of a blind toddler trying to use scissors for the first time?

It'd be much appreciated :)

Hope you guys have a fantastic weekend. It's officially the start of Summer!

xo.

2 comments:

  1. i use the liner pens you get at the drugstore, but before i put it on, it blot most of the inky liner off with a tissue. then you can draw a kind of 1st draft line. then i put on a second coat at full force.

    also, before i scrolled down, i thought the girl in that first picture was you based on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a compliment :) Thank you. I wish those were my eyes. But then I guess I wouldn't have material for this post. Also thank you so much for the advice. I've been tirelessly practicing, and even though it's better, I'm still pretty sure a third grader could give me a run for my money.

    ReplyDelete