Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Gap-Toothed and Gorgeous Are Synonymous

If you know me, you know that one of my distinguishing features is an itty bitty gap between my two front teeth. I was actually fairly lucky in school, in that I didn't know any assholes who were ignorant enough to ridicule me about it.

Thank goodness for that, too.

Because if not, I probably would've gotten it fixed with awful braces, instead of it essentially fixing itself the older I got. People asked me to all the time. But not surprisingly, I didn't listen and did what the hell I wanted. Braces be damned.


Now it's just a quirky little part of my face that I love. It's specific to me, part of my own visual diary.

And it would appear that I'm not the only one. Turns out that some of the most beautiful women in the world rock a gap. And way better than I do.


I feel like it's important to highlight the fact that perceived flaws can be a wonderful, beautiful, unique addition to a person. They should be celebrated and glorified.


It's worth noting too that in the 14th century, a gap in between your front teeth was symbolic of a sensual nature. The Wife of Bath had a gap. And in Africa, where a gap is considered to be a rare mark of supreme beauty, women who possess one are seen as wise.

So rock that gap girlfriend. It looks damn good on you.

Xo.

Oh, it should be noted that all of the gorgeous, strong, unique women above are models, one of whom has been bewitching the heart of Johnny Depp for like 15 years. The gap is ALWAYS in.

No comments:

Post a Comment