Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

2 Things You Absolutely Need to Know About Right Now

I am having to dig deep down into the wells of my energy reserves to pull up whatever bit of gumption I have left to write this blog for you guys. But I'm willing to do that. Because I love you. And I love that you actually read my blog.

I really am so attractive right now.

My exhaustion cocktail is made up of equal parts sleep depravation, horrifying geology homework - hours and hours and hours of topography and dendritic streams and wanting to off myself to justmakeitstop - and regular homework, and an absolutely amazing internship that requires I wake up nearly 3 hours before I have to be there because Atlanta traffic is that bad. Most of the time I don't know what day it is. And the only reason I can keep up with all the things I have to do is because I make my to-do lists in the shower.

But just know that despite all that, I am like, really happy - oh what a gorgeous day it is happy. For the first time in what seems like months. And ya know, I'm grateful for the stupid geology and Atlanta traffic that I sit in knowing I'm going to do something I absolutely love.

Oh and also, I'm really grateful for these 2 things.

Dr. Lipp Nipple Balm for Lips aaaand
The Artic Monkeys new album AM. 

See below for details.

Image courtesy of Smoochblog
Let's just go ahead and start talking about the nipple balm. It's not actually for your nipples. Or well, I guess it is. It was originally formulated for nursing moms and their sore, er, nipples. But by some twist of fate, someone decided to rub it on their mouth and discovered what an amazing lip balm it is and marketed it.

No, I'm serious.

Anyways, I suffer from the debilitating affliction known as chapped, peel-y lips. It's not just a winter thing. I deal with it all year. And I've tried about a jillion different balms and salves and this is the ONLY ONE that's made a difference on my perennial wind-burn mouth. It's not sticky or pigmented, so guys can use it too, and it doesn't cause tiny strands of hair to stick to your lips if you want to drive with the windows down. It also just does this thing to your lips where it makes them the perfect color for your complexion. It's a mystery of modern science that you're just going to have to learn about for yourself.

But I absolutely recommend that you do.

Secondly....


Oh those English boys. I didn't ever think I had like a type or anything. But apparently, musically, I do. And they are it. It has nothing to do with the above photo. But it totally helps.

I was a little behind jumping on the Artic Monkeys band wagon, but it turns out there's a reason why people love them so much. They're really friggin' good.

I cannot stop listening to this album. I'm not a music reviewer or anything, but I know what music is supposed to do to people, and the songs on AM do it. They crawl and lag and ache and when I listen to them in my car with the windows all the way down, the world suspends itself for a little bit and all I can hear is Alex Turner singing "wanna be your vacuum cleaner, breathing in your dust..." on I Wanna Be Yours. Please, Alex, be my vacuum cleaner. Or my dishwasher. Or my Swiffer. Or anything you want.

Other standouts that you absolutely must go listen to right now? Arabella. Do I Wanna Know? Knee Socks.

But definitely Do I Wanna Know.

Let it lull you to sleep like I'm about to. Because my eyes are barely open and I don't have the energy to correct my typos anymore.

Goodnight, loves.

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment