Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Le Temps De L'Amour

So it's Saturday.

And Saturdays are for digging through bins and shelves and piles of records at the local antique store with the moms and the boy.

At least they are for me.

And as a result of said trip to the antique store, I am now listening to the lovely Ms. Francoise Hardy on the record player. It's probably the gem of my bounty from today. She was a pop singer in France in the 1960's and she was absolutely stunning. Her voice is so beautiful that it doesn't even matter that she's singing in French. The message translates just the same and I love that my house is filled with her music this afternoon :) Makes everything just a little bit warmer, a little bit sweeter.

I also managed to bring home Bella Donna by Stevie Nicks and Nashville Skyline by Mr. Dylan for a whopping total of $9. And currently being held hostage at the antique mall? A set of 3 Pyrex dishes with the Americana pattern, 2 teal glass mid-century salt and pepper shakers, and 1 beautiful handwoven Aztec printed cross-shoulder bag perfect for say, summer music festivals. Obviously I'll be going back to rescue those soon.

From the little record shop:

(sorry for the wonky picture quality)

By the way, for those of you who don't know who Francoise Hardy is... remember that scene in Moonrise Kingdom where Suzy Bishop and Sam are dancing in their undies on the beach to one of Suzy's records? The song they're dancing to is Francoise Hardy's Le Temps De L'Amour, which means The Time of Love. Ugh, how adorable is that? Sam and Suzy are one of my favorite little love stories.

Here's the song and the some scenes from the movie, both of which you should all devour immediately.



Hope everyone's having a lovely, perfect, relaxing Saturday. I'm off to dance in my underwear.

xo.

1 comment:

  1. Which record store is this?
    I've never been one to collect vinyl, and I haven't listened to any in forever, but I've been on this weird Cat Stevens kick lately, and I really want to hear it on vinyl. Weird.

    ReplyDelete