Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves.

I am a very unsettled person, and I've been that way for as long as I can remember. My mom tells me that when I was little I was relentlessly asking when we could go, where could we go. And that's never changed after all these years. I don't recall many times in my life when I ever felt still, content, and completely satisfied.

And that's not a bad thing all the time. Most of the time actually.

It speaks to this desire in me to be seeking, always. New ways to live, new things to learn. I'm utterly insatiable and living a sedentary life holds no appeal for me whatsoever.

I constantly want to go. See something different, feel something different, taste something different. I have this fantasy of living in a little airstream, going from place to place dressed like Stevie Nicks, never settling down and claiming one place as home. You can't get homesick when you make every place you go feel like yours. If there was such a feasible thing as a modern-day gypsy, I'd be one in a heartbeat.

And that feeling gets amplified on days like today when it's freezing and sleeting and grey and I'm trapped inside. I guess I'll just have to settle for a little gypsy inspiration until I can find that airstream.


xo.

images courtesy of weheartit, tumblr, and pinterest. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Makes me want to pack up and just go! You have always had a relestless spirit. You have always wanted to know what was going on everywhere! What a wonderful way to be. Don't ever be satisfied or settle. Keep that wonderingg heart and soul. If you do, you will never have to look back on your life and ask "what if". Ly my little gypsy princess!!!

    ReplyDelete