Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

It's Friday, I'm in Love

with festival fashion.

Yesterday, thanks to the advertising/marketing/letting-me-know-shit-I-wouldn't-have-otherwise powers of Facebook, I discovered some amazing information.

Fleetwood Mac will be playing at the 2013 New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival.

My first thought was, "Thanks for listening God." My second was, Mother/Daughter Road Trip of the Century.

Ever since I was cruising around in my hot pink Barbie car in nothing but a diaper, and long before that, my mom's been a Stevie Nicks fan. She and my aunt and I would lie on floor, our head against the stereo speakers, and sing as loud as we could to the likes of Pat Benetar, Heart, and Fleetwood Mac on Saturday afternoons when I was kid. And if it wasn't for my dad and some kind of desire to name me after past family members, my name would have absolutely been Rhiannon (and honestly, I wish it was).

There aren't many memories of my mom NOT singing along to Landslide in the car, thinking nobody could hear how absolutely beautiful she sounded. And her singing is still one of my favorite sounds.

So, I considered it fate that Fleetwood Mac would be at one of the greatest musical festivals of the year playing with the likes of Willie Nelson, Black Keys, and the Dave Matthews Band. And when I called her and said, "By the way, for Mother's Day we're driving to Atlanta to New Orleans on a road trip to see Fleetwood Mac play," she said, "Let's go." Because she's awesome and my best friend.

And now the planning has begun. Suitcases must be pulled down, outfits must be planned. And I'm already having a blast looking at past festival fashions for inspiration. Plus it helps distract from the cold weather and rain we've been having here all week. Here's some favorites :)


It's gonna be amazing. 

xo.

Images courtesy of BuzzNet, Tumblr, and Google images

4 comments:

  1. Great photos...I didn't realize Fleetwood Mac was still touring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I loved this post!!! It made me cry tears of wonderful joy! What better way to spend a spring weekend than with my beautiful daughter listening to great music and reliving memories of a time when all was good. I love you Bethy and I can;t wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't either, but they'll be stopping in several cities this year, which is great news for fans.

    Thanks for stopping by and reading!

    xo.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a certain genre of music that sits really close to my heart - it's nostalgic clap trap music, and Fleetwood Mac lives there alone with Styx, Heart, 80's cock rock, etc., etc.
    I remember going out to play pool with Anita and rocking the Fleetwood Mac on the jukebox :)

    A couple of weeks ago, Bill and I went to a restaurant for dinner. It was quiet and small, and they were playing classic rock. "Landslide" came on, and I burst into tears and had to hide my face in my purse for a while until I could Kleenex the embarrassment off of my face. Actually, just thinking about the damn song right now is making me teary-eyed.
    I can't handle listening to it.
    It touches an old wound.
    It makes me think of my parents.
    My parents together and of me as part of a nucleus.

    Ok - that's enough of that. Eesh

    ReplyDelete