Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday's Tea Bag Philosophy - Vol. 3

I'm going to be honest, it's friggin' cold today. Which is why I'm drinking lots of tea and making this amazing white bean and kielbasa stew in the crock pot for dinner. I found this relevant information to share with you guys.

Aaaanyways.

I think I love Tuesday's tea bag because it gives me the opportunity to wax existential about stuff I really don't have time to think about otherwise. Like, for example, the state of my spiritual health. Or evaluating my own self worth. Or trying to navigate between my purpose in life and paying my water bill.

Ya know, little shit like that.

So without further ado, here's today's tea bag.

You are unlimited.

I love this one a lot. Not only is it amazing tea (ladies, it's the Skin Detox Yogi Tea and it's amazing. You're skin gets all glowy after a couple weeks). But it's such a simple little reminder about something absolutely fundamental to navigating through life.

In between the bills, the groceries, making dinner, studying, writing, absolutely necessary online shopping, it's really easy to feel like this ... this everyday stuff is all you are. You're receipts and gas lights and 5:00 traffic. But the thing is, you're NOT. I'm not. I am this well of potential that has indiscernible depths. I'm not relegated to any certain type of life because of past choices or mistakes or close calls. Every single day, every minute of my life - and yours too - is packed to the brim with this amazing little thing called opportunity. And it too is a well that doesn't run dry.

How fucking cool is that?

We all get so caught up in all these definitions of what we are. A girl, a student, a retail worker, a daughter, white, black, gay, straight, rich, completely broke. Or we panic when we feel like we don't HAVE a definition. I'm not a wife yet or a mom or a college graduate or a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist. But even if I was those things, that wouldn't be it. Because there is no end game, at least to me. I want all parts of my life to feel unlimited. I never want to feel finished, perfectly defined, absolutely together.

There's beauty in the mess. And I've dedicated my life to that idea. There's beauty in limitlessness too, and I'm going to try and start dedicating my life to that as well.

Rad.

Anyone else have a different take on today's tea bag? I'd love to hear it.

xo.

images courtesy of weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment